Below are a range of resources which will be of interest to our members.
Practical Theology Journal
When you join BIAPT your membership includes a print and online subscription to Practical Theology.
Practical Theology is published on behalf of the Contact Pastoral Trust. Formerly Contact: Practical Theology and Pastoral Care, the journal has been published since 1960 and plays a vital role for those who are involved in pastoral practice and for those who reflect on practical theology within an academic context. The journal’s mission has always been to contribute to the development of pastoral studies and practical theology by publishing creative articles which report good practice, and which offer fresh theoretical and practical insights in this area. It is multidisciplinary, with contributions drawn from counselling, social work, psychology, sociology, ethics, as well as pastoral and practical theology.
Variety to cater for all tastes is a hallmark, from monograph-length articles, through research reports of about 6000 words to much shorter accounts of practice, responses to events, interviews, book reviews, short stories and poems.
The audience for the journal are those practitioners and students doing masters courses and professional doctoral work in practical theology as well as traditional readers of the journal who have found it a continuing source of enrichment for their day to day practice of work and ministry.
Links of Interest
- Association for Pastoral and Spiritual Care and Counselling
- Association for Pastoral Supervision and Education
- Association of Practical Theology
- British Sociological Association (Sociology of Religion Study Group)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Cahiers Internationaux de Théologie Pratique (French language online journal)
- Ecclesiology and Ethnography
- International Academy of Practical Theology
- International Council on Pastoral Care and Counselling
- Journal of Pastoral Care
- Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry
- Theological Practice (Australia)