Bible and Practical Theology Symposium
Thursday 1st – Friday 2nd December 2022
Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, Birmingham
Our theme is Authority recognized and challenged: Approaching the Bible as practical theologians. We will be reading three biblical texts together: 2 Kings 5:1-14; Matthew 8:5-13 // Luke 7:1-10; Matthew 15:21-28 // Mark 7:24-30
- Delegates are invited to spend some time reflecting on these texts before the symposium, as well as bringing texts they are working on currently.
- The symposium is a BIAPT and Bible Society venture. We invite practical theologians (practitioners, scholars, students) and biblical scholars to join us in this conversation.
- The symposium runs from 12 noon on Thursday to 2pm on Friday. We have space for 20 residential delegates.
- Bible Society are kindly subsiding the symposium. The subsidised rate for residential delegates is £140 and includes lunch on both days, evening meal, accommodation and other refreshments. A limited number of non-residential places are available.
- Woodbrooke can be accessed by car (parking on site) and by bus from Birmingham New Street.