Membership is open to anybody who has an interest in the field and who is able to support the aims and disciplines represented in our Constitution.
To join BIAPT, you can:
- Apply on-line below (with an option to pay immediately by credit or debit card).
- Download our membership application form. Please print it, complete it and post it with a cheque for your subscription to the address on the form.
The current (2019) membership fee is £38 (Concessions £25) per annum, which includes a subscription to the journal Practical Theology. Please note that BIAPT subscription year is a calendar year, i.e. it runs from January to December. For the options available to late-year joiners, please continue to Apply Online.
Each application for membership is read by the Association’s officers who act on behalf of the Annual Business Meeting.
Benefits of joining
Members of BIAPT enjoy a number of benefits:
- Free subscription to Practical Theology, a journal of peer-reviewed articles published five times per year.
- Reduced rates by advance booking for places at the annual BIAPT conference.
- Access to an online directory of members’ professional and research interests.
- Invitation to join special interest groups for academic and professional networking.
- Invitation to join local groups for research and reflection.
- Opportunity to bid for BIAPT-sponsored research grants.
- Eligibility for entry to BIAPT MA Dissertation and Article prizes.