Please note that the BIAPT subscription year is a calendar year, running from January to December – but we have a special offer to new members joining from September (for details, follow the membership options below).
Membership is open to anybody who has an interest in the field and who is able to support the aims and disciplines represented in our Constitution.
To join BIAPT, apply on-line below (with an option to pay immediately by credit or debit card).
The 2023 membership fees are £45 per annum for non-Emerging Region members (Concession for unwaged members £30) and £10 for members from Emerging Regions. For a list of the nations included in the Emerging Regions please click here.
All members receive both online and print subscription to the journal Practical Theology (cost direct from publishers of £103). Your printed version of the Practical Theology journal will be sent to the address you enter on the application form.
Each application for membership is read by the Association’s officers who act on behalf of the Annual General Meeting, and all new members are announced at the AGM in July each year.
Benefits of joining
Members of BIAPT enjoy a number of benefits:
- Free subscription to Practical Theology, a journal of peer-reviewed articles published six times per year.
- Free access to the online archive of Practical Theology (NB: print and online subscription to Practical Theology usually costs £103).
- Reduced rates by advance booking for places at the annual BIAPT conference.
- Access to an online directory of members’ professional and research interests.
- Invitation to join special interest groups for academic and professional networking.
- Invitation to join local groups for research and reflection.
- Opportunity to bid for BIAPT-sponsored research grants.
- Eligibility for entry to BIAPT MA Dissertation and Article prizes.